New idea: ‘strategic quitting’ (Sometimes You Have To Quit To Get Ahead)
This is difficult to fathom. I’m not quitter. When I make up my mind about something, I stick to it for a long time. No matter how tough, I will carry on. But looks like sometimes you gotta quit things that are getting you nowhere.
This is not about giving up because its hard. It’s about not wasting more time and effort on something that is holding you back from the life that you want. I need to find some time to figure out what I need to quit – materially, emotionally, and physically.
Life is too short to be unhappy or to have regrets. Give the last try to what you think is important to you. If you have tried your best but it still doesn’t work, perhaps it’s time to quit and move on to better things.
- Badly written/gossipy blogpost
- ‘News’ from unknown sources
- Sensational songs e.g Famous by Kanye West
- Instagram of celebrities with opposing values
- Well written/classic books
- Reputable publications
- Thoughtful blogs e.g Brainpickings
- Pleasant music
- Positive IG accounts
- Environmental-friendly artisanal products e.g handmade soap
- Charity/religious fund
- Organic produce/ free-range meat
- Small local business
- Plays/ concerts
- Mass produced clothing
- Unnecessary FMCG products
- Those who are caring, encouraging, and respectful
- People who are emotionally draining and/or indifferent.
#choosequality #qualityoverquantity #curatedmind #strategicquitting