It’s so liberating to know that you don’t need or want many things…or at least less than what you think.
I am still trying to reduce my belongings by half. I just packed a box full of things I no longer need or want. I aim to only keep things that serves a purpose and/or spark joy.
It has come to a point where belongings feels like a burden. Choosing and maintaining takes up time and mental energy – intangible things which are much more precious to me than material things (that I don’t need).
Gifts initially elates me, but later makes me feel guilty. I don’t want to get rid of things given to me out of love. And I understand the act of giving something to someone you care about – I do that often and I think its a wonderful thing.
- Take me out for lunch/dinner and talk to me about things that excites you
- Invite me for any outdoor activities
- Teach me how to cook your favourite food/ share your best family recipe
- Take me go fishing (bonus: barbeque the fish together after)
- Take me camping (bonus: building a campfire together)